Sunday, January 31, 2016

Minneapolis to Lake Pepin, MN


I made a series of maps for my trip down the river and never took the time to put them up on the blog. I have had some folks inquire about our trip so I thought I'd take the time to start posting them. I used Google maps and fashioned my own version of the Quimby's manual but with my personal preferences included. You see icons locating restaurants, bars, coffee shops, marinas etc. There is everything I thought I'd need to keep the river trip safe and comfortable. You might notice I even included libraries. and this is because I might need a place to wait out a rainy day.




Look for the rest of the map segments soon.

4 comments:

  1. Just read your blog. And I must say I am proud of your wife for tagging along. Looks like when I make my trip on my 22' pontoon from Minneapolis to Mobile in a couple years I may do it alone. I just did 350 miles Lafayette, IN to Evansville, In after I retired last May. I am planning on doing the Ohio this fall from Pittsburgh to Cairo. Thanks for all the important intel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was day dreaming about a trip from KY Lake near my home to the Gulf, I ran across your post and I have to say enjoyed reading about your trip. I hope to make a similar one one day soon when I retire. I plan on taking a larger boat and staying more nights on it than off. Thanks for taking the time to share your adventure, and may you have another or two.
    Brandon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you can make a trip someday. It was a great adventure and don't let anyone discourage you from going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much appreciate these details. Have been "planning" a trip for nearly a decade, RW to St. Louis/Afton, and we're going to have to do it soon, as we're old farts getting older. Looking at Army Corps campgrounds for now and then land camping. Thx for the inside info that the river books don't cover!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments and suggestions